- For Teachers
- For Kids
- Contact Us
September 5 - November 4
Thomas Wolfe Memorial will welcome visitors back into our Visitor Center and historic structures beginning on Saturday Sept. 5th, contact the site at 828-253-8304 for information about availability of tours or special programs.
New procedures in place to help ensure the safety of staff and visitors, include:
– Limiting visitors to 50% of occupancy, to allow a comfortable visit to the Visitor Center and historic structures.
– Requiring cloth masks to enter the Visitor Center and historic structures, as outlined in Executive Order 163.
– All exhibits in the Visitor Center will be open.
– Installing hand sanitizer stations and increasing the frequency of cleaning high touch public areas and restrooms.
– Installing protective barriers at sales counters and information desks.
– Interactive exhibit features will be paused or modified.
Visitors are encouraged to follow the “Three Ws” as outlined by the N.C. Dept. of Health and Human Services – WEAR a cloth face covering; WAIT in line at least six feet away from others, and WASH hands frequently or use hand sanitizer. If you are experiencing symptoms of illness, we ask that you postpone your visit.
We look forward to seeing you soon!